Penny A. Zeller's Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jesus Freaks

I just love the questions that come out of the mouths of little ones. My youngest daughter, Doodle (nickname), asked me the other day out of the blue: "Mom, what does a Jesus Freak look like?"

I was taken aback for a moment at the question my six year old asked me. "Well, Doodle," I said, "they look like us."

I watched her face for a moment as she took this in. It was one of those faces that expressed her need for more information. "Well what is a Jesus Freak?" She then asked. Wow, what an awesome opportunity to have a great conversation reiterating the need we all have for our Savior. My girls have grown up in a Christian home and know what Jesus did for us, but it's always an added bonus to be able to cement the truth into their minds with examples.

I figure Doodle must have heard about Jesus Freaks from the old DC Talk song by the same name. I remember DC Talk being one of the first Christian rock groups I listened to when I first became a Christian. Ok, now I'm feeling old...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home